Sunday, February 26, 2012

Soul Surfer Reaction 10- Movie Comparisons

    I have watched the movie and read the book, Soul Surfer. I think the book was better than the movie. The book you learned much more about Hamilton and the type of person she is. While in the movie I believe they focused more on the attack then on the person she was and became. After reading the book then watching the movie I was actually disappointed in the movie. Once you read the book you learn how strong her and her families faith in God is and what an incredible person she is. While the movie does not come close to portraying this. In the movie they focus more on the surfing and how hard it was they make it seem that in a point in time she gave up and let the attack over come her faith. This however did not happen, she never dwelled on her attack as long as they portrayed it to be  and she certainly never gave up. She was also never really that angry because she knew God had done this to her for a reason. I did enjoy the movie, but I also think that they should have done a better job of showing what an inspiration Hamilton truly is. If you watched the movie and enjoyed it i strongly recommend that you read the book. It has so many great lessons in it to be a better person. She truly is an amazing person and a great role model. Before reading I did no know much about her but now I know more about her and she is certainly someone that I look up to highly in my life. She has taught me to live my life in a better way and that God has a plan for everything that happens and he loves you. I am very glad I got the chance to read the book and learn about the incredible person, Bethany Hamilton.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/08/entertainment/la-et-soul-surfer-20110408
This is an article about the movie Soul Surfer. This movie should truly be given a chance along with the book.They are both great.

No comments:

Post a Comment